At On Beam Consulting we are passionate about recycling.
Here are some tips on how to recycle items in Auckland based on real-world experience. If you live outside of Auckland, visit your local council web site for assistance.
Computer Recycling in Onehunga
- DVDs (Computer Software)
- Desktop Computers
- Electronic Accessories
- Laser Printers
- Peripherals (mouse, keyboard)
- Toner Cartridges (empty)
Secure Data Destruction
TIMG offer secure physical media disposal services.
- Hard disk drives
- IT Equipment
TIMG’s BackOnline service is a secure, private cloud storage service with data centres in New Zealand.
Dove Hospice, Mercy Hospice, New Zealand Red Cross and The Salvation Army retail stores sell clean second-hand goods:
- Board Games
- Books (except library books)
- Vinyl Records
Waitākere Transfer Station in Henderson. Auckland Council Rubbish and Recycling.
- Gas bottles
- Light bulbs
- Scrap metal
- Compost Tumbler: Joraform sold by Vitality 4 Life
- Worm Farm: Tumbleweed Can-O-Worms sold by Bunnings Warehouse
- New Zealand guide to understanding recycling symbols
- Auckland Council guide to recycle right
- Auckland Transfer Stations (rubbish tips)
- Garden bin collection service: Greenfingers
Soft Plastics Recycling directory of retail stores accepting:
- Food Product Wrappers
- Grocery Bags
- Bread Bags